Re: Heads-up: new lintian error: no-human-maintainers

Hi,

I've added debian-policy@l.d.o to recipients as I believe this either
warrants an exception for debian installer packages or maybe this should
be redfined for all.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:02:49PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> With the removal of Christian Perrier from Uploaders in almost all d-i
> packages, some of them now have an empty Uploaders field. With the
> debian-boot@ list being in the Maintainer field, that can trigger this
> lintian error on the source package:
>
>     E: tzsetup source: no-human-maintainers
>
> My personal policy regarding this (carried over from my X.Org days) is
> to ignore it entirely; I see no gain in having specific people being
> listed in Uploaders. Feel free to do the same when you're about to
> upload a package with pending l10n changes, or with various bug fixes
> that were awaiting an upload in git…

I've not really made up my mind of what I think about the general case,
I do think there are some merrits knowing/documenting human maintainers.

I also do think that this doesnt make that much sense for d-i packages.

(And I also think that policy should be changed (and not merely ignored)
if we find that we disagree with whats written in it.)

Shall I file a bug against debian-policy?

--
tschau,
	Holger