Re: 8 more packages

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 09:15:07PM +0100, mario.stromar@gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:43:29PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >
> > ( on-list-follow-up ( after some off-list-messages ))

> > > Welcome all,

> > > Seen the question.
> > > At least I have seen parts of the question   :-)
> > >
> > > Please provide the package names of the those extra eight.
> >
> > Got a WiFi.odt and an Ethernet.odt in response of `dpkg -l` request.
> > After some labor I got two identical files, I was hoping
> > to get a difference showing the 8 extra packages.
> >

> > > In case you don't have the package names,
> > > tell how you found the difference in amount of packages.
> >
> > Photos of screen while installing packages explained it.
> > (FWIW Graphical Installer is being used)
> > One said installing 1363 packages, the other 1371 packages.
> >
> > So an interesting problem exists 8^)
> >
> > Please do gather more information. / Please do provide more information.
> >
> > After ethernet installation
> >
> >   dpkg -l | sudo tee /var/log/installer/dpkg-l
> >   sudo tar cz /var/log/installer > ethernet.tgz
> >   # mail ethernet.tgz
> >
> > After wifi installation
> >
> >   dpkg -l | sudo tee /var/log/installer/dpkg-l
> >   sudo tar cz /var/log/installer > wifi.tgz
> >   # mail wifi.tgz

> > > Thanks for the compliment  to the people would made it possible.
> > > Feel free to join us.  You already found the mailinglist.
> >
> > Now checking if original poster recieves mailinglist postings.
> >

> > Groeten
> > Geert Stappers
> >
> > P.S.
> > The .tgz will most likely larger as the max size of mailinglist post.
> > So finding another path is needed. I do prefer that I can do `wget URL`.
> > Recieving the two .tgz in two separated emails is acceptable.
> > --
> > Leven en laten leven
> >

> Ethernet...
>  [  ... four thousand something lines ... ]

and
| On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 04:37:22PM +0100, mario.stromar@gmail.com wrote:
| > wifi:
| > [  ... four thousand something lines ... ]

Both postings contained the same 1575 package names.  So we are nothing
closer to what is causing the 8 more packages install.  The only difference
seems to be install through ethernet versus through wifi.

Based upon the timestamp of the email is the last install an ethernet
install.  Please do

    dpkg -l | sudo tee /var/log/installer/dpkg-l
    sudo tar cz /var/log/installer > ethernet.tgz
    # save the ethernet.tgz

Then a wifi install plus

    dpkg -l | sudo tee /var/log/installer/dpkg-l
    sudo tar cz /var/log/installer > wifi.tgz
    # mail wifi.tgz

Next is sharing the  .tgz  with us, this mailinglist.

Please be warned that the mailinglist software has a size limit on each
posting. So some creativity might be needed.

Regards
Geert Stappers