Re: 8 more packages WAS: Possible bug?

( on-list-follow-up ( after some off-list-messages ))

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 11:32:23PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 05:13:03PM +0100, mario.stromar@gmail.com wrote:
> > Greetings, Debians!
>
> Welcome all,
>

> > I found something occur in d-i since stretch  and it is present on
> > buster. Whenever I installer with Ethernet on my laptop, there are 8
> > packages more than via WiFi. Is this ok?
>
> Seen the question.
> At least I have seen parts of the question   :-)
>
> Please provide the package names of the those extra eight.

Got a WiFi.odt and an Ethernet.odt in response of `dpkg -l` request.
After some labor I got two identical files, I was hoping
to get a difference showing the 8 extra packages.

> In case you don't have the package names,
> tell how you found the difference in amount of packages.

Photos of screen while installing packages explained it.
(FWIW Graphical Installer is being used)
One said installing 1363 packages, the other 1371 packages.

So an interesting problem exists 8^)

Please do gather more information. / Please do provide more information.

After ethernet installation

  dpkg -l | sudo tee /var/log/installer/dpkg-l
  sudo tar cz /var/log/installer > ethernet.tgz
  # mail ethernet.tgz

After wifi installation

  dpkg -l | sudo tee /var/log/installer/dpkg-l
  sudo tar cz /var/log/installer > wifi.tgz
  # mail wifi.tgz

> > It works both ...it's debian!
> > ☺ Just ask a question and I'd like to understand why is that. I always
> > use the netinst method. D-i is the best linux installer and thank you
> > people for doing this tremendous job!
>
> Thanks for the compliment  to the people would made it possible.
> Feel free to join us.  You already found the mailinglist.

Now checking if original poster recieves mailinglist postings.

Groeten
Geert Stappers

P.S.
The .tgz will most likely larger as the max size of mailinglist post.
So finding another path is needed. I do prefer that I can do `wget URL`.
Recieving the two .tgz in two separated emails is acceptable.
--
Leven en laten leven