Re: Request add hibmc_drm into buster aarch64 netboot image

She Kairui <shekairui@gmail.com> 于2019年11月7日周四 下午1:40写道:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Debian buster on to the Huawei Kunpeng arm64 server, found that the installation graphic output not show up via the server BMC virtual console.

Generally, BMC driver is used to view/modify configuration inside
normal OS, for example Linux distributions.
To view the virtual console via the embed web page, the BMC driver for
Linux is not used.

> Because Huawei  Kunpeng arm64 server BMC chip is hibmc, the OS need hibmc_drm.ko to work with it, currently this kernel module is not included in the netboot initrd (http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-arm64/20190702+deb10u1/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz) .
>
> I have verified the BMC virtual console graphic output works well by adding hibmc_drm.ko into the netboot initrd.  Could you please help evaluating add the hibmc_drm udeb into the netboot initrd by default?

Is it misuage or an bad hardware design?

--
YunQiang Su