Re: apt-setup/security and apt-cacher-ng

On 10/29/2019 6:12 PM, john doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installing Debian using preseeding, in my preseed file I have the
> following lines:
>
> d-i mirror/http/hostname string proxy:3142
> d-i apt-setup/security_host string proxy:3142
>
> I can install Debian from my apt-cacher-ng server (line one above)
> without issue but everytime I try to update/upgrade the pkgs (line two
> above)
>
> What URL format do I need to use as string for apt-setup/security for
> being able to update/upgrade/full-upgrade/... pkgs in combination with
> apt-cacher-ng?

I have filed a bugreport regarding this (1).

In a nutshell, the secdeb remap rule is missing the "directory spec".
Adding the directory spec ('/debian-security') wright before the first
semicolon (';') fixes the issue, so the secdeb line should look like:

Remap-secdeb: security.debian.org /debian-security ; security.debian.org
deb.debian.org/debian-security

1)  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=944114.

--
John Doe