Re: buster rc2 install resultsn

Hi,

Jude: are there two voices heard in console mode or in Mate?

I ask as during installation the id of the selected card is stored in
/var/run/espeakup.card, I presume to be set as default for espeakup in
the installed system
Samuel, is this right?

But only one card id is stored so I fail to see how this can trigger two
voices.

But I have no idea if this setting is also used when starting Speech
Dispatcher for Orca in Mate, hence my question.

Also Cyril, should I assume that RC2 included a fix for the issue that I
raised in this post?
https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2019/06/msg00019.html

I have a doubt as this iso:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/buster_di_rc2/amd64/iso-cd/debian-buster-DI-rc2-amd64-netinst.iso
is dated 2019-06-24 14:13
and there are more recent post in the thread.

Let me add that the issue is with  a Lenovo Thinkpad W520 which is a
rather common hardware. I am not directly in concern being neither blind
nor a Debian user, but still I hope this can be fixed before the release
for the benefit of others.

Cheers,

Didier
2019-06-24 14:13d