buster rc2 install results

First the log files I tried to get the system to save in /mnt were not
saved and those choices got made using the debian main menu.
I checked the disk integrity and the disk was found to be valid.
I installed the mate desktop using the defaults in software selection.
On boot, I get two voices first louder and second softer and playing
identical text shortly after the first voice.  I don't know why this is
and tried adjusting sound which cleared the problem when sound volume got
increased in the mate menus until the next reboot.