Re: buster rc2 install results

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your mail.

Cross-posting this answer to debian-accessibility@:

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> (2019-06-27):
> First the log files I tried to get the system to save in /mnt were not
> saved and those choices got made using the debian main menu.
> I checked the disk integrity and the disk was found to be valid.
> I installed the mate desktop using the defaults in software selection.
> On boot, I get two voices first louder and second softer and playing
> identical text shortly after the first voice.  I don't know why this is
> and tried adjusting sound which cleared the problem when sound volume got
> increased in the mate menus until the next reboot.

I think this might be a side effect of our trying hard to detect each
and every sound card, reading a prompt using all of them in turn, so
that users can press Return when they hear something. Maybe some state
in the sound card driver changes while iterating, which triggers this
difference in volumes?

Just wild-guessing as I'm no sound expert…

Cheers,