Re: Very time consuming install process for the Debian 10 / buster xfce amd64 cd in virtualbox running on mageia 7 x86-64

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 10:33:57PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I get a Very time consuming install process for the Debian 10 / buster xfce
> amd64 cd in virtualbox running on mageia 7 x86-64. It took me over 30 minutes
> just to inst the basesystem, and the total is now over an hour:
>
> *
> https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/debian-buster-xfce-cd-amd64--slow-install--sshot.webp
>
> *
> https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/debian-buster-xfce-cd-amd64--slow-install--sshot--2.webp
>
> I use the core i3 box here:
> https://www.shlomifish.org/meta/FAQ/#computers-specs
>
> for comparison, installing mageia 7 classic installer took 30 minutes,
> installing manjaro took a few minutes, and fedora and linux mint installed
> fairly quickly.

Seen the report, not seen the   .webp  videos What I would like to see,
is more information how the measurement was done.

e.g.
* How busy was the host
* Which apt / yum  mirrors where used
* Further hints from original poster what could cause the time
  consumption