Very time consuming install process for the Debian 10 / buster xfce amd64 cd in virtualbox running on mageia 7 x86-64

Hi all!

I get a Very time consuming install process for the Debian 10 / buster xfce
amd64 cd in virtualbox running on mageia 7 x86-64. It took me over 30 minutes
just to inst the basesystem, and the total is now over an hour:

*
https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/debian-buster-xfce-cd-amd64--slow-install--sshot.webp

*
https://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/debian-buster-xfce-cd-amd64--slow-install--sshot--2.webp

I use the core i3 box here:
https://www.shlomifish.org/meta/FAQ/#computers-specs

for comparison, installing mageia 7 classic installer took 30 minutes,
installing manjaro took a few minutes, and fedora and linux mint installed
fairly quickly.