Re: Permission to join

On 18/01/2019 17.17, Jonathan Carter wrote:
On 2019/01/18 08:41, John Crawley wrote:
It just happens that I hit the issue of configuring the removed package
list for a derivative (BunsenLabs) a while ago, and patched live-install
to enable the functionality promised in Live-Manual 8.2.7, mentioned in
Bug report #655198 ie files listed in
config/package-lists/*.list.chroot_live to be removed by
60remove-live-packages. (Also that awk seems to be unavailable at this
point.)

Would a bug report, or new post on #655198, be welcome at this time?

I added that bug number to my todo list for bullseye
(https://salsa.debian.org/jcc/highvoltage/blob/master/README.md),
personally I'm not willing to mess with any functionality this late in
the release cycle, but I'll be happy to look into it as soon as buster
is released. I like the suggestion of using
/cdrom/live/filesystem.packages-remove - that makes it super easy for
derivatives or even just custom spins to modify, and is a bit closer to
how ubiquity uses manifests in Ubuntu (which I thought is quite nice).

And I'm not hereby blocking anyone else from doing it, but I'll make
this one of my first d-i actions once buster is released unless someone
has beaten me to it.

Thanks! Maybe I'll just post our code on #655198 as a mild suggestion, and leave it in your hands then.

--
John