Re: Permission to join

On 17/01/2019 17.54, Jonathan Carter wrote:
On 2019/01/17 10:33, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
OOC, what do you want to make configurable?

Ultimately, anything that a derivative might want to change. For now, I
need to add calamares-settings-debian to the removed package list in
live-installer-56/finish-install.d/60remove-live-packages - I'll likely
avoid making that configurable now, but that will be on my todo list for
bullseye. It currently contains things like casper and
live-config-upstart - I don't think we ever shipped that on debian live
media, but I think it can eventually be cleaned up and a lot easier to
modify if that was configurable instead of hard-coded. There are other
examples of this too but that's the one I care about today.

It just happens that I hit the issue of configuring the removed package list for a derivative (BunsenLabs) a while ago, and patched live-install to enable the functionality promised in Live-Manual 8.2.7, mentioned in Bug report #655198 ie files listed in config/package-lists/*.list.chroot_live to be removed by 60remove-live-packages. (Also that awk seems to be unavailable at this point.)

Would a bug report, or new post on #655198, be welcome at this time?
--
John