Re: Error trying to update powerpc64 Jessie machine.

Hi Rick,

This has little to do with the installer team (debian-boot@), and it
isn't (really) a powerpc-specific issue either.

Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> (2018-06-28):
> For the last couple of days, my PowerPC64 machine, running Debian
> Jessie, has been getting this error message when I try to do “apt
> update”:

> > W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/jessie/updates/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-powerpc/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
> > E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
>

> My sources.list file looks like this:
> […]
> Does anybody know why?  It was working fine until a couple of days ago…

Sure, jessie just received its last point release, and security support
is gone; security.debian.org will keep jessie for a few architectures,
but will be handled by the LTS team.

More details on the announce list (that you might want to follow):
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2018/msg00002.html

Cheers,