Re: debootstrap: [idea] force review before commit to master

Hi,

On 5/20/18 2:19 AM, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2018 21:15:35 +0200
> Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
>> I suppose the test harness is autopkgtest? Is there prior art on how to
>> set that up on Salsa? (Picking the backend and making sure that it
>> works, for instance.)
>
>  Usually I just put debian/.gitlab-ci.yml as below, build package and
>  kick autopkgtest automatically.
[...]

that looks good, thanks! I committed it with a few modifications and
told Salsa where to find the config (debian/.gitlab-ci.yml). I also
added a weekly run. Now I do expect this to be flaky because debootstrap
is not great at retrying when it sees failure (which is an
understatement), but I suppose it's better than nothing.

And as expected, autopkgtest actually fails because no-one tested it in
recent releases (presumably). Which is why one wants automation, right?
It's also possible that it just fails because the environment on the
runner is weird and doesn't allow unshare and the specific things
debootstrap's script tries to test... Which would be unfortunate. (It
fails with a different error on my machine.)

The failing job can be found here:
https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debootstrap/-/jobs/18934

Kind regards
Philipp Kern