Re: Salsa

On Wed, 2018-05-02 at 14:52 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
[...]
> Having looked online, I find various recommendations to avoid using
> this version of svn2git (which is a simple wrapper around
> git-svn). I'm now trying the svn2git tool the KDE people used for
> migration:
>
>   https://github.com/svn-all-fast-export/svn2git.git

This seems to be the right tool for weird Subversion repos - and
Subversion makes it easy to do weird things by accident!  I used it for
converting the kernel repo.  I had to do a small amount of post-
processing with git filter-branch.

If you need examples of dealing with weird stuff, see
https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/d-k-conversion

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
One of the nice things about standards is that