Re: Salsa

Update again...

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 01:12:51PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>So, an initial run of svn2git just ignoring the people directory took
>11.5h here, and gave me a .git dir of ~680M. That's quite
>big. I'm re-doing it now with an "authors" file in place, to get
>something more usable.

If anybody would like to play with this, I've just uploaded it to

https://salsa.debian.org/93sam/d-i-test1

and I'll leave it up there for now.

>Discussing with KiBi on IRC last night, we're thinking that it's
>probably worth splitting the manual off into a separate
>project/repo. I'll try doing that too, and see what we get.

To make things go much faster, I grabbed a copy of the svn repo
directly and I've been running with that. It goes *much* more quickly
due to the latency reduction on each revision checkout, but it
reliably fails with:

Name does not refer to a filesystem directory: Failure opening
'/trunk/installer/build/pkg-lists/netboot/mipsel/sb1-swarm-bn.cfg':
'/trunk/installer/build/pkg-lists/netboot/mipsel' is not a directory
in filesystem '48c42b26-1dd6-0310-b98f-a58d8bce7237' at
/usr/share/perl5/Git/SVN/Ra.pm line 312

at r35516. Joy. I've not modified the svn data files in any way, and
this worked from alioth...

Having looked online, I find various recommendations to avoid using
this version of svn2git (which is a simple wrapper around
git-svn). I'm now trying the svn2git tool the KDE people used for
migration:

  https://github.com/svn-all-fast-export/svn2git.git

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead