Re: Archiving the attic folders from d-i for ports

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 05:37:25AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>(Re-send because I forgot debian-ports-devel@alioth is dead,
> please reply to debian-boot@)
>
>Hi!
>
>I was pointed at Steve's mail yesterday mentioning that he moved
>the non-attic repositories of debian-installer to salsa [1].
>
>Since there are still some repositories that we need for debian-ports
>in the attic, I was wondering whether we should take care of the
>attic stuff and move it over to salsa or github.

If you have a list of the repos affected, I'm happy to move those
across too and "de-attic" them. Actively used things shouldn't be in
the attic.

>FWIW, we are in the progress of moving the sparc* and ppc* ports
>which aren't on GRUB yet fully over. In fact, GRUB works fine on
>all SPARC boxes we have tested so far, so at least silo-installer
>won't be needed anymore in the future. Still, I think we should
>archive everything.

And that's the plan as part of the alioth retirement already.

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess