Re: debian-installer: call to update translations - Tajik

Hi,

Victor Ibragimov <victor.ibragimov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Holger,
>
> For a comfortable translation and editing I have used third-party apps to
> work on all five Debian files opened and sorted in a single view for
> translation. So I could see all strings and work on all five files in a
> single view with translation memory, terminology base and Tajik
> spell-checker attached to my process of work. Plus along with Debian files
> I keep working on Gnome and KDE translations and other projects to adjust
> the terminology and new spelling consistency along all files and projects.
>
> So, I suggest that my manipulation with files for translation process
> changed the formatting. But when I reopened and edited the Debian files in
> POEdit, everything looked perfect. So, I did not know that formatting has
> changed. Sorry for that!

In this case, I think it is reason enough for you to go on as you did.
As I wrote: it's no real problem, so no need for getting nervous :-)
And no need to change your workflow: if you have worked out a special method,
that works best for you: fine, go on.
The po files are valid, everything fine.

> And thank you for letting me know about this
> issue. By the way, could you please, hint if there are apps that can open
> many .PO files at once in one/single view for translation and editing
> without changing the formatting or could you please, send me the script and

No, I'm not aware of such app, sorry.

But maybe you would be more comfortable with a web-based translation platform
like Weblate? I'm not sure, if this fitts your needs, but since some weeks we
have such platform running for the debian-installer translations, at:
https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/debian-installer/
Tajik is not activated there, but I could do that, if you want.

Regards
Holger