Re: debian-installer: call to update translations - Tajik

Dear Holger,

For a comfortable translation and editing I have used third-party apps to work on all five Debian files opened and sorted in a single view for translation. So I could see all strings and work on all five files in a single view with translation memory, terminology base and Tajik spell-checker attached to my process of work. Plus along with Debian files I keep working on Gnome and KDE translations and other projects to adjust the terminology and new spelling consistency along all files and projects.

So, I suggest that my manipulation with files for translation process changed the formatting. But when I reopened and edited the Debian files in POEdit, everything looked perfect. So, I did not know that formatting has changed. Sorry for that! And thank you for letting me know about this issue. By the way, could you please, hint if there are apps that can open many .PO files at once in one/single view for translation and editing without changing the formatting or could you please, send me the script and instruction to cron and run the script on my side to correct the formatting in files before the commit. I think I will complete the current translation of Debian files in the environment I have already figured out for this round, so I am afraid that formatting can be changed again, when I finish the review and translation. If the idea with running the script on my side to correct the formatting is too complex, let me see if I can refill the original files with final translations from the TM to save the original formatting, but it may take more of my time then.

Have a great day,
Victor

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> wrote:
Hi Victor,

Victor Ibragimov <victor.ibragimov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Holger,
>
> I have just committed files with improved Tajik translations. Terminology,
> inconsistency and some spelling issues have been resolved.
> However, I still keep working on Tajik files to make them 100%.
> Could you please, check if the commit was successful and files with
> improved translations are updated on Debian site.

Thanks for your work.
The commit was fine, the new files are used now.

But let me give one hint:
your files have the formatting changed, it has the whole content of the
msgid and msgstr in one line (no matter how long the content is). That makes
partly very long lines.

Maybe you are not aware of this; when you edit the file with poedit, you see
no difference no matter what formatting is used. I would then be just a
setting in poedit.

It is not really a problem, we have a script running daily, which will correct
this today in the evenning.

The only point is: when someone wants to use the diff, for example at
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/packages/po/sublevel1/tg.po?r1=71001&r2=71000&pathrev=71001
(maybe because he wants to review the changings), that's nearly impossible,
since the diff is so heavily big, because many lines are shown as changed,
however the content did not change, only the formatting.

So, maybe you have a good reason to do it this way, then it would be your
choice to do it as you like.
But if there is no real reason, it would probably worse to change this
behaviour.

Nevertheless, thanks for your translation :-)

Regards
Holger