Re: Help building debian-installer for arm64

On 17/01/2018 01:36, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-01-16 at 20:47 +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 05:35:28PM +0100, Loys Ollivier wrote:
>>
>> [building kernel package with udebs]
>>> Unfortunately when I run the last command to build the package. It fails
>>> after building the kernel + modules with the error message: "Can't read
>>> ABI reference.  ABI not checked!"
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm in a hurry, therefore only a short pointer:
>> https://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-versions.html#s-abi
>
> I'm not sure how that relevant that is.
>
> The message reported above is *not* an error message and does not
> explain a build failure.
>
> Ben.

Hello,

Thanks for the pointer, I have read the doc already. I tried changing
the ABI but I don't know what number I should use in there.
I did not change anything from the original package. I am just trying to
build the debian kernel out of the source.

I reported the wrong message. The one I get is this one:
"ABI is not completely versioned!  Refusing to continue."
which looks like an error message. The scripts returns error 1 and it
stops there after printing out a long list of modules.

Best,
Loys