Re: Fwd: Headless installer boot

Hello Mike,

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 10:22:14PM +1300, Mike Hosken wrote:
> Also implement the serial console as primary console after installation.
> > Just a quick question I wish to use serial port as console to install servers. I’m not familiar with grub etc as I’ve only ever used palo. Could someone point me in the right direction as to implement console=/dev/ttys0, for the AMD64 port and I386. I assume it would be a change when building the install media.

You can simply use a kernel commandline like this grub config snippet while
starting the installer:

set cS1="console=ttyS1,115200n8"

linux    .../linux auto=true priority=critical $cS1 ... --- $cS1

Of course you can insert the definition directly instead of using a variable.
The d-i will then take care of putting the console information into the
installed system.

Greetings
  Hermann

--
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg