Re: Beginner guidance sought - creating my own boot environment based on the Debian installer

HI Groeten,

I am looking to create something new, but I'll explore the available options to see how they work.

As I am the most familiar with Debian, and I consider the ncurses based installer to be the best at preseeding, so it makes sense to use that as a foundation for what I wish to create.

Thank you for the information.

Mark

On 17 December 2017 at 07:38, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 12:25:09AM +0000, Mark Bettles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to create a rescue system,

debian-installer has a rescue system.

> there is active discussion on the topic here,
> https://forum.manjaro.org/t/linux-vs-windows-my-experiences-and-a-possible-idea/36377

On the 'Beginner guidance sought' from subject line:  Try the existing rescue system
before creating a new rescue system

> I wish to go from boot, to the the start of the installer, where can I
> obtain documentation on this process?

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller#Development

be warned:  you will learn a lot

Groeten