Re: Busybox 1.27 breaks kernel cmdline preseeding

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

Apparently, kfreebsd has a working /proc/cmdline (thanks to linprocfs mounted
by default) so we might want to switch to that. I don't know about the
hurd though.

Sorry. If I wrote that /proc/cmdline didn't work, I misspoke. What I meant was that I also quickly tried passing parameters on the kernel command-line from grub rather than in the way they were previously passed, and the extra parameters do not show up in kfreebsd. That might be grub behavior, I did not dig in that direction. I'm happy to have a look.

As for hurd, /proc/cmdline also exists and includes all the parameters I add using 'set options='.

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl@gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl@gmail.com
4096R/65B58DA1 818A D123 0992 275B 23C2  CF89 C67B B4D6 65B5 8DA1