Re: Easier installer?

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 07:51:24PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst, on dim. 19 nov. 2017 19:27:16 +0100, wrote:
> > >
> > > But the idea was precisely to reshape that question, to make it more
> > > beginner-friendly.
> >
> > We can reshape questions reglardless of whether we implement the
> > overview screen that I'm talking about.
>
> I believe there is a misunderstanding: I'm not saying that the existing
> questions should be modified. I'm saying that the way questions should
> be asked in the overview screen that you propose is very different from
> the existing questions (basically they'll be extremely simple). And thus
> it's not a duplication, since they'll be completely different.

Mmm. I'm not sure that's actually true, but that's orthogonal to the
point.

> I agree that implementing the overview screen is a much faster step
> to have something that doesn't frighten beginners away, rather than
> rephrasing our existing questions yet another time. I was really not
> suggesting the latter.

Right.

I'll see if I can find the time to have a stab at trying to come up with
something that would work. We can then decide what to do with the actual
questions that get asked from the overview screen later :-)

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab