Re: Where can I find out more regarding debian-mac-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 06:26:33PM -0800, Colin Williams wrote:
> Yes I fumbled the block partition information on top of the block device
> but gave it another shot. sudo dd bs=4M
> if=/home/colin/Downloads/debian-mac-testing-amd64-netinst.iso of=/dev/sde
> and it still wasn't bootable. However as mentioned previously the debian
> daily build found here
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/
> booted to the splash screen. No luck beyond that when playing with the
> options.
>
> debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

Well apparently the -mac- versions of the iso only contain BIOS boot,
not UEFI boot and are intended for some early x86 macs with very buggy
firmware.  Apparently newer machines should work fine with the normal
installer.

--
Len Sorensen