Re: Fw: Re: debian-installer: call to update translations - Greek

Hello Holger,

> No urgency here, we are far away from any deadline, so there is no need for
> a quick translation update.
> But it would be fine, if you could sent me a quick note, if you are willing
> to take over the translation update job, or not. Even if you say "not before
> mid of 2018" or the like, that's fine by me.
> However, if you say "no interest, sorry", I would try to recrute other
> translators for Greek.
> So, what do you think?

Tomorrow I am facilitating an event in Athens about TailsOS
localistation. Looking at
https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/level1/el.txt it is only 19 fuzzy
translations and 38 untranslated strings. I will look at them tomorrow
during the event. So it is going to be before mid of 2018 :) .

I would like to mention that even if my native language is Greek, I do
not use the Debian Installer in Greek because the translation changes
technical terms from the commonly used English name to Greek. Is the
objective here to make the installation accessible to someone that can
not use any English?

Best,

Sotiri