Re: how to get/put up installation report on installation failure when immediate network is not available.

in-line :-

On 25/04/2017, Baptiste Jammet <baptiste@mailoo.org> wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

> Dixit shirish शिरीष, le 25/04/2017 :
>
>>My query is how to save installation report and send it in the
>>instance when the installation is a failure. I know that details of
>>what worked or didn't is in the memory (RAM) but how to save it to usb
>>disk/usb thumbdrive ? At times where I'm installing I do not have
>>immediate access to the web to send it.
>
> "reportbug --output=FILE" is a possible workaround.
> From reportbug manpage :
> -o FILE, --output=FILE
> Instead of sending an email, redirect it to the specified  filename.
>
> Interesting files & infos are listed in the output template.
>
> Baptiste

My query is how to save it ?

IIRC, CTRL+SHIFT+F1 or one of the Function keys does take you to the
console mode.

Usually, whether it's 200 MB, 700 MB or 4.4 GiB ISO, afaik the usb
disk takes the full space.

One more thing, while I'm sure reportbug is there in the 4.4 GIB .iso image.

it doesn't seem to be either in the netinstall nor in the 700 MB 1st CD image

[$] wget http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/list-cd/debian-8.7.1-amd64-CD-1.list.gz

[$] zless debian-8.7.1-amd64-CD-1.list.gz

/ reportbug_6.6.3_all

Trying either reportbug_6.6.3_all.deb or reportbug_6.6.3_all.udeb
shows as pattern not found.

Am I missing something ?

Looking forward to know more.
--