Re: debootstrap InRelease file support

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 06:41:44PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> This doesn't look exactly right; feel free to look at #842591.

I wonder why sed and tr don't work in d-i given I checked the options
used are all supposed to be posix compliant, unless I missed something.

> That's entirely correct. Running from within d-i is mandatory though…

Well yes, that part should certainly work.

Now why did GPG decide to throw away the last character in the input
anyhow.  Such a stupid choice.

So it does mean if it hsa InRelease signature, then you need head that
supports negative offsets, so any decent linux system should be fine,
and any recent busybox with enough advanced features.  And otherwise,
I suppose one could run debootstrap with the option to ignore signatures
if desperate.

Certainly head is simpler and cleaner looking.

--
Len Sorensen