Re: [Thinkpad X1 Carbon (4th Gen) (Type 20FB, 20FC)] Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 6 release: installer fails on "select an install software"

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:26:10AM +0100, goz@tutanota.de wrote:
>24. Mai 2016 11:08 de steve@einval.com:
>> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 09:57:17AM +0100, > goz@tutanota.de>  wrote:
>
>> >I have tried to install the new Stretch Alpha 6 iso:
>> >>
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/stretch_di_alpha6/amd64/iso-cd/debian-stretch-DI-alpha6-amd64-netinst.iso

>> >Ctrl-Alt-F4:
>> >(the logs appear in French, so the English translation is done by myself)
>> >in-target: E: Impossible to retrieve/download
>> >>
>> http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kiconthemes/libkf5iconthemes-data_5.16.0-1_all.deb>
>> .
>> >Incorrect hashsum/checksum
>> >in-target: Impossible to retrieve some archives/packages, maybe you should
>> >run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
>> >in-target: tasksel: apt-get error (100)
>>
>> That just looks like a broken mirror. What happens if you try a
>> different Debian mirror, e.g. ftp.de.debian.org ?
>
>Thanks a lot for your fast answer!
>
>I've changed the mirror to ftp.de.debian.org and the installation completes
>successfully. I'll be sending a full installation report ASAP.
>
>I've been using http://ftp.fr.debian.org/ for years without any problem so
>far :-\

It does happen occasionally that mirrors break. I'd suggest contacting
the admin for the mirror to warn them too.

"I used to be the first kid on the block wanting a cranial implant,
 now I want to be the first with a cranial firewall. " -- Charlie Stross