Re: [Thinkpad X1 Carbon (4th Gen) (Type 20FB, 20FC)] Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 6 release: installer fails on "select an install software"

24. Mai 2016 11:08 de steve@einval.com:

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 09:57:17AM +0100, goz@tutanota.de wrote:
>I have tried to install the new Stretch Alpha 6 iso:
>http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/stretch_di_alpha6/amd64/iso-cd/debian-stretch-DI-alpha6-amd64-netinst.iso

>Ctrl-Alt-F4:
>(the logs appear in French, so the English translation is done by myself)
>in-target: E: Impossible to retrieve/download
>http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kiconthemes/libkf5iconthemes-data_5.16.0-1_all.deb.
>Incorrect hashsum/checksum
>in-target: Impossible to retrieve some archives/packages, maybe you should
>run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
>in-target: tasksel: apt-get error (100)

That just looks like a broken mirror. What happens if you try a
different Debian mirror, e.g. ftp.de.debian.org ?

Thanks a lot for your fast answer!

I've changed the mirror to ftp.de.debian.org and the installation completes successfully. I'll be sending a full installation report ASAP.

I've been using http://ftp.fr.debian.org/ for years without any problem so far :-\

PS: To Steve: sorry for previous wrong posting

--
Goz