Re: Install on Orange Pi Plus eMMC work but no reboot

On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 01:44:13AM +0200, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:
> Did you realize that SD card and eMMC uses both exactly the same signaling
> and controller on all processors, not only on the Allwinner family ? If a
> board designer is stupid enough to connect the eMMC instead of the SD card
> on the controller looked first by the on chip ROM, then it's not an argument
> to not support all the others boards that did it the right way.

Well certainly the SD/MMC controllers are not all the same.  Certainly the
AM572x has 4 MMC controllers, only one of them can drive eMMC, one can
do SDIO, one is only 4 bit so best for uSD, and I forget the limits on
the last one.  They have different widths and maximum speeds.  So yes
they are all MMC, but they are not all the same.

--
Len Sorensen