Re: Install on Orange Pi Plus eMMC work but no reboot

Le 07. 10. 16 à 00:39, Karsten Merker a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 08:13:45PM +0200, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:

Right. For my curiosity I tested the netboot SD card image of
the Debian installer and tried to tell it to partition, format
and install Debian into the very same SD card the installer
booted from.  To my great surprise this worked flawlessly (just
need a power cycle as the reboot simply hang).  This work only
with the netboot image.  The hd-media require an other
partition with the ISO file making the partition/format fail
because the SD card device is busy.  I don't know at this stage
if the boot stage is a residual of the image creation on the SD
card or if it was wrote by the installer.
The debian-installer doesn't install u-boot, but it takes
explicit care not to destroy an existing u-boot installation
during the partitioning step.

Yes. It take so much care that it don't write u-boot when it must write it... If the installer is able to take care of the region where u-boot is, why don't allow him to optionally copy that region from the SD card to the eMMC ?

Regarding the hd-media image: installing to the SD card from
which the installer is started works if the CD/DVD iso is
provided on another storage device such as on a USB stick.

What's the point to support a such complicated install setup if at the end there is no u-boot to start the system ?

Regards,
Jean-Christian