Re: How to use a local Debian mirror when installing with preseed (PXE)?

Hallo Frank,

Frank Thommen <f.thommen@dkfz-heidelberg.de> (2016-09-01):
> I'm currently setting up an unattended, PXE-based network installation of
> Debian with preseeding.  We also have a complete local Debian mirror for
> inhouse use.  However I haven't found a way to configure the installer to
> use this mirror instead of one of the official Debian mirrors (and takes
> accordingly long) for downloading the packages.  I have set
>
> d-i apt-setup/local0/repository string  http://our.debmirror stable main
>
> in the preseed file but the installer doesn't seem to download any files
> from there a part from some index files (Packages.xz, Translation-en.bz2
> ecc.)
>
> How can I preseed our local mirror as primary/only installation source?

Take a look at the preseed example file[1]? While it doesn't contain all
preseedable settings, the part you're interested in seems covered:
| ### Mirror settings
| # If you select ftp, the mirror/country string does not need to be set.
| #d-i mirror/protocol string ftp
| d-i mirror/country string manual
| d-i mirror/http/hostname string http.us.debian.org
| d-i mirror/http/directory string /debian
| d-i mirror/http/proxy string

 1. https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/example-preseed.txt

This is handled by choose-mirror, which runs way before apt-setup (which
you were trying to configure).

KiBi.