Re: Screen support (was: Next d-i alpha release: late June)

On Aug 14, 2016, at 7:37 PM, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> Also, I'm not sure whether we have any input methods which might be
> confused by ^A being “eaten” by screen. Does anyone know?

Yes… That’s a problem if you’re used to using “screen” as a terminal emulator to access the serial port on the target machine.  When testing this, I had to use “cu” to connect to the serial port of my SheevaPlug for this reason.  Normally, I use screen for that.  It woke that way, incidentally, so it’s not a show-stopper, just worth mentioning.

Rick