Re: does anybody remember which debian release was it that asked for the MAC ID details at the end ?

On 2016-07-19 16:13, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
I don't think so.  I can't think of a reason the installer would ever
ask for the MAC, unless you are talking some odd ball ARM hardware that
didn't have a MAC in hardware and required the user to provide one.
But would Debian have even had an installer for such a thing?

Note that there are parts that parse BOOTIF= from the kernel command-line. That's a different case of MAC address passing, but it exists. Mostly to tell the OS which network card the machine PXE booted from, to continue using that interface during installation/early boot.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern