does anybody remember which debian release was it that asked for the MAC ID details at the end ?

Hi all,

Does anybody remember which release of Debian was it that had the bug
where d-i used to ask for MAC ID details during the end phase
(networking phase) to the user and if s/he didn't know the MAC ID
details the installation couldn't move further (unless one knew some
tricks).

I know for a fact that it was fixed in squeeze but it was in one of
the releases before. From the Wikipedia page it becomes clear that d-i
was introduced in Sarge in June 2005 so it has to be between 2005 and
2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Debian_releases#Debian_3.1_.28Sarge.29

Does anybody know which release had that bug ?

I am in midst of making a presentation hence need that historical
information for accuracy.

Look forward to know.
--
          Regards,