Re: Thinking about a "jessie and a half" release
- To: "Rebecca N. Palmer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ben Hutchings <email@example.com>, Nicholas D Steeves <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Cyril Brulebois <email@example.com>, Philipp Kern <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Hideki Yamane <email@example.com>
- Cc: Steve McIntyre <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Thinking about a "jessie and a half" release
- From: Russell Stuart <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 18:00:57 +1000
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <[🔎] 20160704130103.GH4792@einval.com> <[🔎] 20160704131234.GL27496@mraw.org> <[🔎] CAD=QJKjuRcGK1qRbrotAWzQJ+TzR=v7JU=vYe+D7FvvzxxdHTw@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2016-07-05 at 08:25 +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> Have you reported this bug (with the full warnings)? If not, please
> do so.
I haven't. If I got a response at all to "My monitor doesn't work" it
looks to me it would be: compile latest source with instrumentation
turned on and send log. I've tried compiling the Intel drivers before
- I could not get patches to apply.
Fortunately, others get the same backtrace:
It probably isn't related to my monitor not displaying, but I won't be
able to tell until 4.8, when the patch addressing that report is
scheduled to make it to a released kernel. Like I said, progress is
My point is really the 4.4 kernel is nothing special for amd64.
Laptop's with Intel chipsets that started shipping over 6 months ago
don't work 100% with it. Actually from memory the Intel GPU driver
opps's on occasion in 4.4.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part