Re: Merge orion5x/kirkwood to flavour marvell and marvell-qnap

* Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> [2016-04-12 00:48]:
> I was about to write a list on pros and cons, but I only find pros,
> with some reasons/explanation.
>
> - Main purpose is to get ready for screen support, which surely cannot
> fit into qnap's image.

Sorry for being unclear: I have no objections to introducing the -qnap
or -tiny image.  I can see why this makes sense.

But you also merge the orion5x and kirkwood images into marvell images
and I see a number of downsides with that (and no obvious advantages).

Can you leave orion5x and kirkwood alone and introduce an
orion5x-qnap, without converting everything to marvell, or do you see
any advantages of combining orion5x and kirkwood into marvell?  (If
there are advantages, please let me know.)

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/