Re: "ts209" d-i image failed to build due to size

[remove CC 814027@bugs.debian.org due to my post has nothing to do with gnupg]

Dear Martin,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> [2016-02-11 00:12]:
>> As you may already know, "ts209" d-i image failed to build due to
>> size, since two day ago.
>> It was OK on Feb. 6th [0], but got failed since Feb. 7th [1].
>
> gpgv-udeb is now provided by gnupg2 rather than gnupg 1.4 and this
> brought in a number of new dependencies, in particular libgcrypt20
> which is huge.  I filed #814027 but I'm not sure how realistic it is
> that this change will be reverted.
>
> Since GnuPG is only used for verification, I wonder if there's a
> smaller tool that only does signature verification but I don't know.
>
> If we find no solution, I'll see if I can provide unofficial images
> with the old gpgv-udeb.

Thanks for the info!

I tried to hack debian-installer, and split orion5x flavour into
orion5x and orion5x-qnap.
For orion5x-qnap, I removed a few qnap unused stuff in "pkg-lists" folder.
I pushed my change to branch "split_orion5x"
  - https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/debian-installer.git/log/?h=split_orion5x

Here's comparison of error build log from debian-installer:

  branch master:
  File size 4465504 is larger than total, padded size 4194304.

  branch orion-qnap (after my change):
  File size 4394588 is larger than total, padded size 4194304.

so the qnap d-i image has reduced 70k, and need another 200k reducement.

I have no idea whether this kinda change valid.
Maybe it's just proof of concept that size can be reduced.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 17B3ACB1