Re: "ts209" d-i image failed to build due to size

* Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> [2016-02-15 01:13]:
> I tried to hack debian-installer, and split orion5x flavour into
> orion5x and orion5x-qnap.
> For orion5x-qnap, I removed a few qnap unused stuff in "pkg-lists" folder.

I had a similar idea when I originally restored QNAP support, but in
the end this wasn't necessary.

OTOH, as you found out, in the current situation this change doesn't
help much.  The real problem is gnupg (or rather, the dependencies it
brought along).

I looked at other things I could remove but I haven't really seen
anything.  Maybe you have more creative ideas than I do.

If the gnupg change isn't reverted, I fear I have to drop ts-x09 support
again, at least officially (maybe I can prepare unofficial images with
the old gnupg udeb).

So I don't think it makes sense to apply this, at least not right now.
We should find out about gnupg plans first and then decide whether
it's even possible to keep ts-x09 support around.

Thanks!
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/