Re: Broken EFI grub.cfg on stretch images

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> (2015-11-27):
> Cyril Brulebois, on Fri 27 Nov 2015 23:32:03 +0100, wrote:
> > Are we talking about possibly moving stuff from:
> >  - build/tmp/netboot-gtk/ to build/tmp/netboot/gtk?
> >  - build/tmp/netboot-gtk/ to build/tmp/netboot-gtk/gtk?
> >
> > where stuff means initrd.gz (only)?
>
> Yes. Honestly, I don't understand why they are not in gtk/, that only
> brings confusion as to whether the image is gtk-ish or not.
>
> > I'm not too fond of moving files around, especially since serving the
> > right files from the right places is sometimes hard/long to set up; so
> > I don't think you're “less than ideal” commit as you call it is too bad.
>
> I'm fine with keeping this special-casing, I just feel that simply
> keeping gtk files in gtk/ would lead to less special-casing overall.

I meant to mention I don't feel strongly one way or the other. Having
stuff where they make sense is of course a good idea. Especially so if
that means fewer hacks/easier maintenance.

Just wanted to emphasize that moving user-facing files/locations around
has a cost, for users.

Mraw,
KiBi.