Re: Broken EFI grub.cfg on stretch images

Cyril Brulebois, on Fri 27 Nov 2015 23:32:03 +0100, wrote:
> Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> (2015-11-27):
> > That looks like the trigger, yes, because it restores spk.cfg.  I
> > hadn't noticed that ./util/syslinux-cfgs lists *all* .cfg files when
> > used for cdrom targets.  I have now blacklisted spk.cfg there.  I
> > agree that this is less than ideal, but this is a consequence of the
> > choice of putting the initrd of gtk-only netboot images at the root
> > instead of gtk/ Perhaps that could be changed?
>
> Are we talking about possibly moving stuff from:
>  - build/tmp/netboot-gtk/ to build/tmp/netboot/gtk?
>  - build/tmp/netboot-gtk/ to build/tmp/netboot-gtk/gtk?
>
> where stuff means initrd.gz (only)?

Yes. Honestly, I don't understand why they are not in gtk/, that only
brings confusion as to whether the image is gtk-ish or not.

> I'm not too fond of moving files around, especially since serving the
> right files from the right places is sometimes hard/long to set up; so
> I don't think you're “less than ideal” commit as you call it is too bad.

I'm fine with keeping this special-casing, I just feel that simply
keeping gtk files in gtk/ would lead to less special-casing overall.

Samuel