Re: translation-check's maxdelta oddities

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A while ago we introduced the maxdelta parameter in translations for
> some devel/debian-installer files, mainly because errata would point to
> those of the previous release instead of the one which is getting
> announced (until the translation is refreshed).
>
> Looking at the live website, I don't see the expected warning, e.g. on:
>   https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata.fr.html
>   (which has: “Errata de la version Stretch Alpha 3”)

The "Stretch Alpha 3" above is an entity, which is defined in
../english/devel/debian-installer/images.data (which you have
adjusted yourself :-) ).

So this means, the website was not completely newly build after you
committed the images.data.
Or some kind of proxy server or cache issue.

If you had seen a site with “Errata de la version Stretch Alpha 4”
(note the 4) in the headline and with the warning missing, that would
be a problem.
But this way not, maybe?

Holger

> or:
>   https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata.it.html
>   (which has: “Errata per Stretch Alpha 3”)
>
> Yet, building locally leads to the expected warning in
> webwml/french/devel/debian-installer/errata.fr.html:
>
> and in webwml/italian/devel/debian-installer/errata.it.html:
>
> Does anyone know what could explain this difference, and how to fix?
>
> For reference: english/template/debian/translation-check.wml contains
> the macro definition.
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .