Re: Buffalo Linkstation systems newly supported since Linux 4.3

Status update for armel/orion5x DT support for kernel.

flash-kernel: patch accepted, and already in sid now.
linux-image-orion5x: patch submitted, bug#803159

However, I found another issue, the kernel image size for orion5x is
already exceed the u-boot limit of LS-WTGL, the only orion5x box I
have on hand.
The kernel I can boot on that device need two patches:
- the one submitted to bug#803159 (0001-armel-orion5x-enable-DT-support.patch)
- revert file debian/config/armel/config.orion5x in commit b3b60bbdd13 [0]

And it's working well on 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u5, but not
4.3~rc5-1~exp1, because of the kernel image size.

I'm wondering how to proceed. Some questions:
- Is the size of d-i kernel smaller than common linux-image kernel? If
so, there's still chance for d-i.
- Will d-i support for LS-WSGL get lost due to the kernel size issue,
even size of d-i kernel fits well?
- bug#803159 is towards common kernel, for d-i kernel, do I need to
open another bugreport?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Roger