Re: Sparc removal

Hi,

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (2015-07-27):
> Quoting Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org):
> > Hi,
> >
> > following the last[1] announce, I just removed sparc from
> >
> > unstable
> > experimental
> > jessie-updates
>
> .../...
>
> As a consequence, should we keep sparc-only packages -I know about
> silo-installer at least) in trunk or should they be moved to the
> attic?

Moving to attic looks good to me.

> The same stands for the installation guide specific parts as
> well. These things are not things I have followed closely over the
> years, though, so there may be good reasons to still keep Sparc-only
> components in our main tree.

I'm a bit unsure. If sparc ever comes back as sparc64, it might make
sense to reuse some bits. But I'm not sure whether both archs would be
close enough for that to happen, or if they would be different beasts
like arm{el,hf} and arm64 are. I suppose the former might be true since
it might just be about the number of bits in kernel/user-space, rather
than a completely new arch.

I've added debian-sparc@ to cc; hopefully someone knowledgeable might
jump in.

Mraw,