Re: guided lvm encrypted partitioning in Debian 8.1

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 22:59 +0200, Patryk Hanckowiak wrote:
> Hi.
> I seem to have found a bug in the guided (LVM encrypted) partitioning
> schema for Debian 8.1.
>
> The installation created separate partitions for /var, /tmp and /home
> but did not create a separate /usr.

This is an intentional change.

> I ended up with a partitioning
> schema with an 8 GB root (/) partition, which is too small for desktop -
> /usr is in /.

Well, this has nothing to do with merging / and /usr.  When I removed
/usr from the various partition recipes, I added its size to that of /.

> This seems to be a bug, as an old partitioning guide seems
> to have been correct, and did install a separate /usr partition:
> https://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/sect.installation-steps.html
>
> The installer gave only three options:
> 1) Everything on one partition;
> 2) separate /home;
> 3) separate /var, /tmp, /home;
>
> This is a bug.

Yes, it's a documentation bug.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If the facts do not conform to your theory, they must be disposed of.