Re: Debian install media issue

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 01:44:33PM -0500, rob wrote:

>"Potential issues with UEFI booting on amd64...There have been some
>reports of issues booting the Debian Installer in UEFI mode on amd64
>systems...As a workaround for now, try switching off UEFI and
>installing using Legacy BIOS or Fallback mode instead." Here's the
>problem: There's no way of switching UEFI boot ON.
>
>There is a desperate need of a 64-bit Wheezy netinst ISO that does
>not offer standard and EFI boot options, but offers EFI boot only, a
>forced EFI boot. There are many servers that have EFI but the Debian
>installer does not recognize it.  Therefore the disc boots normally,
>creating an image on the hard drive that can never be accessed by the
>server.

If you've got systems that are not booting UEFI media, then an
EFI-only ISO is unlikely to help you. Two questions:

 * Have you checked the boot order on your machines? Many machines
   will let you choose the order of UEFI and BIOS booting

 * Have you checked for UEFI Secure Boot settings? If your systems has
   Secure Boot enabled, it isn't going to boot Debian installation
   media via UEFI. If it's enabled, try turning it off.

Apologies if these sound like elementary obvious suggestions - you've
given us little to go on so far to help diagnose your problem.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html