Re: initramfs-tools: update-initramfs fails with btrfs (was: no cryptsetup in initrd when btrfs selected)

control: reassign -1 initramfs-tools
control: retitle -1 initramfs-tools: fails to work with btrfs
control: severity -1 grave

I think that my issues might all stem from initramfs-tools, so reassigning.

Firstly, I cannot run update-initramfs within a chroot via a live CD against this btrfs based install because it gets confused about where root is (see original cry for help), and which is at least a bug against initramfs-tools in it's own right anyway.

Secondly, the other issue I believe is due to the initrd created by debian-installer missing at least cryptsetup; I believe debian-installer runs update-initramfs towards the end, so perhaps this is where debian-installer is trying to add things like cryptsetup to initrd, and it is actually silently failing here due to same issue above.

@Maintainer - thoughts? I'd really like to get this solved.