Re: no cryptsetup in initrd when btrfs selected (was: broken install, incomplete initrd)

> So far, I have identified:
> 1) that the initrd of this install is lacking at least cryptsetup.
> 2) that an identical install, with the exception of using ext4 instead
> of btrfs, works perfectly fine (at least in terms of booting, I have not
> checked issue #3 from the mailing list discussion).
> 3) that this is reproducible, having recreated the same btrfs install
> from scratch, resulting in the same issues.

I just checked issue #3 from the original mailing list post against the
ext4 install.

Performing update-initramfs -u via chroot using the live-cd against the
good install using ext4 results in no errors, unlike the btrfs installs.

I also did a bit of a comparison of initrd content between the ext4 and
btrfs installs, and cryptsetup was the only obvious thing I saw missing.