Re: Bug#771607: unblock: brltty/5.2~20141018-2
- To: Cyril Brulebois <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#771607: unblock: brltty/5.2~20141018-2
- From: Samuel Thibault <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:57:19 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20141201105719.GG3844@type.bordeaux.inria.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: Cyril Brulebois <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20141201103606.GC3236@mraw.org>
- References: <20141130234425.GA28084@type.youpi.perso.aquilenet.fr> <[🔎] 20141201084120.GA31267@mraw.org> <[🔎] 20141201084738.GA3844@type.bordeaux.inria.fr> <[🔎] 20141201093917.GB3236@mraw.org> <[🔎] 20141201102256.GF3844@type.bordeaux.inria.fr> <[🔎] 20141201103606.GC3236@mraw.org>
Cyril Brulebois, le Mon 01 Dec 2014 11:36:06 +0100, a écrit :
> > It seemed clear to me, except that since at the time the poll was done
> > MATE was actually not among the choices in the evaluation chart (and not
> > even a task), Jean-Philippe made it a special case.
> “[…] I think Debian won't choose it. So, alternatively, I suggest gnome […]”
At the time, MATE wasn't even a task, so that's why Jean-Philippe said
he believed Debian would of course not choose it as a default.
> which seems to enact that gnome is fine enough.
Yes, again, gnome *is* fine enough. But can't we fine-tune the default
when we know for sure that the user is using braille? Notably since it
seems we'd better go with gnome with its integrated magnifier for people
with low vision, and we'd better go with MATE for people using braille?